What is Digital Marketing?
Digital Marketing :- Digital marketing is the marketing of products or services using digital technologies, mainly on the Internet, but also including mobile phones, display advertising, and any other digital medium. It’s of two types’ offline marketing and online marketing.
Offline marketing is that marketing of some product or any service offline like door to door selling. Banners boards or pamphlet distribution.
Online marketing is called a digital marketing. In which we promote our products or any service online. In online we don’t need any door to door marketing or any pamphlet distribution. We took help of internet to use digital marketing. Like using Google , Bing , yahoo or etc. Many social media platforms use for digital marketing.
For using of digital marketing you give time on internet, be regular on social media .
It is the promotion of products or brands via one or more forms of electronic media. It is extremely important, not only because of its rapid growth but also because it is essentially the future of marketing. Many people think that traditional promotion will soon be replaced entirely.
The new methods are faster, more practical and versatile than the old traditional ones. These are some of the most common forms of digital marketing:
- Website (SEO content)
- Online Advertising
- Viral Marketing
- Online video content
- PPC (pay-per-click) advertising
- Email marketing
- Social media (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumbler, )
- Mobile marketing (SMS, MMS, etc.)
The New Media age has arrived and it’s time for people who have not yet adapted to open themselves up to this method of interaction and understand the various benefits of digital marketing.
What is Digital Marketing Strategy and Planning?
Your digital marketing strategy is the series of actions that are going to help you achieve your goal(s) using online marketing. A Digital Marketing Strategy is just a plan of action to achieve a desired goal, or multiple goals. The term ‘strategy’ might seem intimidating, but building an effective digital strategy doesn’t need to be difficult. In simple terms, a strategy is just a plan of action to achieve a desired goal, or multiple goals. For example, your overarching goal might be to generate 25% more leads via your website this year than you drove last year. Depending on the scale of your business, your digital marketing strategy might involve multiple goals and a lot of moving parts, but coming back to this simple way of thinking about strategy can help you stay focused on meeting those objectives.
In other words, your digital marketing strategy is the series of actions that are going to take to help you achieve that goal using digital mediums like website, video, podcasts, blogs etc.
For example, your goal might be to generate 30% more leads this year than you did last year.
Now depending on the scale of your business, your digital marketing strategy might involve multiple goals and a lot of moving parts.
- Keyword Research: Keyword research is a practice search engine optimization professionals use to find and research alternative search terms that people enter into search engines while looking for a similar subject.
- Search Engine Optimization: Search engine optimization is the process of increasing the quality and quantity of website traffic by increasing the visibility of a website or a web page to users of a web search engine. SEO refers to the improvement of unpaid results, and excludes direct traffic/visitors and the purchase of paid placement
- Search Engine Marketing: Search engine marketing is a form of Internet marketing that involves the promotion of websites by increasing their visibility in search engine results pages primarily through paid advertising.
- Content Marketing: Content marketing is a form of marketing focused on creating, publishing, and distributing content for a targeted audience online which Includes Blogging, Video Marketing, Podcasting etc.
- Social Media Marketing: Social media marketing is the use of social media platforms and websites to promote a product or service. Although the terms e-marketing and digital marketing are still dominant in academia, social media marketing is becoming more popular for both practitioners and researchers
- Conversion Rate Optimization: In internet marketing, and web analytics conversion optimization, or conversion rate optimization is a system for increasing the percentage of visitors to a website that convert into customers, or more generally, take any desired action on a webpage. It is commonly referred to as CRO
- Email Marketing: Email marketing is the act of sending a commercial message, typically to a group of people, using email. In its broadest sense, every email sent to a potential or current customer could be considered email marketing.
- Mobile Marketing: Mobile marketing is a multi-channel online marketing technique focused at reaching a specific audience on their smartphones, feature phones, tablets, or any other related devices through websites, E-mail, SMS and MMS, social media, or mobile applications
- App Marketing
- Web Analytics
- Online Reputation Management
- Online Press Releases and
- Remarketing / Retargeting
What are examples of effective digital marketing strategies?
Twenty years ago, a young entrepreneur told The Washington Post, “If we have 4.5 million customers, we shouldn’t have one store. We should have 4.5 million stores.” That person was Jeff Bezos, founder of Amazon, who turned his vision into one of the biggest e-commerce brands on the planet.
Here’s an example you may be familiar with:
1. Geo-location targeting
The internet has erased the border between countries, helping e-commerce brands reach people all around the world.
However, factor in different currencies, pricing, shipping and promotion and things start to get complicated. For instance, you don’t want to send a snowsuit promotion in euros to an Australian customer during summer.
In this example, Nordstrom redirects visitors to their Canadian store to view pricing in Canadian dollars as well as a list of stores and tailored messages.
Apps such as Currency Converter Widget (WooCommerce) or Multi Currency(Shopify) enable e-commerce businesses to add multiple currencies to their shop with just a few clicks. You can also redirect visitors from specific IP addresses to custom landing pages for their country.
2. Chat bots
According to Facebook, 53 percent of people are more likely to shop with a business they can message, while 56 percent of people would rather message than call customer service.
Top e-commerce brands have started to adopt chatbots. Facebook and Telegram have already created their own and software such as Botsify, Chatfuel, ChattyPeople and MEOKAY makes it easy for anyone to build a chatbot in a few simple steps.
Facebook rolled out Messenger Destination for News Feed, a new form of advertising that consumers don’t expect and have not yet developed blinders to. It allows brands to initiate a two-way conversation to learn more about current and prospective customers.
This data helps to segment the audience and improve targeted advertising targeting, which allows brands to serve more tailored and personalized ads to their target market and customers.
3. Personalized content marketing promotion
Sixty-three percent of consumers said they would think more positively of a brand if it offered them content that was more valuable, interesting or relevant.
That’s why 20 percent of content marketing is creating great content, while 80 percent is pushing it to the right people, at the right time, in the right place.
Done well, content marketing enables e-commerce stores to push product-placement campaigns based on customer interest.
Focus on your most loyal fans first through email marketing and social media. They already know your brand and will likely engage with the content. Once you gain some initial traction within your current circle, promote the content with paid ads to prospects based on their online behavior and purchase interest.
4. Personalized video marketing
Video marketing is one of the hottest marketing trends of 2018. This year you’ll see more brands host live video to connect with consumers in real time.
This tactic has not yet been widely adopted which allows brands to stand out. Videos are tailored based on profile, historical and situational data attributes that are personalized to the individual, leveraging your CRM and data.
5. Push notifications
With new competitors joining the market every day, e-commerce brands need to find new ways to grab visitors’ attention and keep them coming back. By tracking your customer’s behavior, you can send relevant push notification messages.
For example, whenever your customer abandons a cart, they will immediately receive a message with a reminder or offer. You can also send a message when you have a price drop or a new promotion or when sold-out items are back in stock.
E-commerce stores are slowly adopting this strategy, so there is still time to adopt before it becomes the norm.
6. Create a sense of urgency
The internet allows your brand to easily reach their target audience, but it also creates a million distractions. You should try to convert customers as soon as possible before they lose interest.
For example, Leesa offers an introductory promotion with a countdown clock. Including a sense of urgency makes people feel as though they’re going to miss out on something and they will be more likely to take action for fear of losing out.
Salary of Digital Marketing in India
As a fresher you will get 15–20k PM and If you are coming with good practical hand and practical exposure while working in your college days or doing some internship in digital marketing then you can expect 30–35 k as starting amount. If you keep updating yourself along with industry it is going to be great journey for you as digital marketing is all about having practical hands of things
- Start learning in your college days. Learn basic of HTML, Backlink process, Go through videos of Brian Dean, Neil Patel and study blogs of experts.
- Start Following few of the website like Search Engine land, Shout me loud, Backlinko, Neil Patel blogs eventually it will help you.
- Start working on your friend, parents or own website for getting some practical experience. Keep watching videos or guidelines or you can join forums, Facebook communities to learn and gain more.
- Start asking question, but do research before asking. Google, Quora and websites that i have mentioned basically having all the answer.
- Jojn some courses if possible join Udemy courses, Join Neil Patel Course, Rajat Ghai course can help you.
- Update your skill on regular basis
After doing all these things you will be ready to start your career in Digital Marketing and you can really do well. I won’t recommend you to do Master degree for starting your career in digital marketing.
Practical is your best guidelines, paid promotion by spending some money on your friend startup will also help you. Now how you will get practical hands of anything so you can get good exposure before joining any company.
- Work for your friend
- Write some content or create some ad copy for him. One of the best way to give benefits and key point of digital marketing
- Start writing blogs and start optimizing it. This is one of the key prospect or success of many digital markers.
- Expense on your project or join your senior those are already doing digital marketing.
- Attend meetups, webinars and listen some podcast. It will help you in understanding
Digital marketing is one of the best options for your career. Let us understand with the help of this career growth path so be ready, be steady, keep learning and adding value in your skill and you will get really great package
Best Digital marketing courses available in India
Stop taking the paid courses, If you have a good mind to learn and explore
This will help you
Without further ado, this is the list of the 5 of the best free digital marketing courses.
The Google Ad Academy is a place that you’ll want to visit and to explore. Here are the Certification courses for Google AdWords and Google Analytics.
Once, you’ve gathered the knowledge that Google offers for free, you’ll be able to better understand the structure of the Ad Campaigns and how to properly use Google Ads, and Google Analytics.
I highly recommend you to check out the rest of the free digital marketing courses, that you will be able to find in the Google Ad Academy’s website.
Maybe you want to enhance your career, or just to figure out how the web is working. If you are at the beginning of your career Google’s Digital Garage is one of the best free digital marketing course. Probably the best.
It will slide you on every aspect of the digital marketing. SEO, SEM, Advertising, conversions, content marketing, social media and much more.
I have to stress again that it is only glancing over the topic, and very few, if any of the topics are covered in some depth. Still, it is a great course for beginner digital marketer.
Therefore, if you are confident in your knowledge, you may want to pass on this one.
Hubspot has a list of free certification courses on digital marketing. Their academy covers courses from email marketing to social media and between.
All the courses in the HubSpot Academy are free, and most of them will provide you with a certificate once you’ve completed them.
Meaning, you can complete the course for free, but in order to get certified, you’ll have to enroll to some of their services.
SEMrush is one of the biggest Keyword Research tools out there. And they surely know a thing or two about SEO.
Yet, the SEMrush Academy is covering not only SEO, but SEM, and Social Media as well. There are soon to be launched a course on Content Marketing.
And the best part?
All of these courses are free.
Udemy is, of course, a well-known source of courses in a vast number of fields and industries. The content that the site offers is following the trends of the market. Therefore, the more or less, new professions like web developer, server administrator, and digital marketer are well covered by the courses of Udemy.
The courses on the site are created by individuals. That is one of the reasons that you may want to be careful and read the reviews of the courses that you are buying. And if you want to really learn something useful for free, read the reviews even to the courses that you enroll to for free. That way you at least won’t waste your time over a course, that is misleading or straightforward incorrect.
Even if you have to be cautious about the exact course that you are taking, Udemy is a great place to get started your journey to get to know the industry. Mainly because of the best free digital marketing courses, are presented on the site.
I hope this guide expanded your view a bit and showed you that digital marketing is more than Facebook ads and social media blasts.
Will you use any of these tactics in your business?
Which of these do you remember from back in the day. Have I missed any?
Let me know your biggest takeaways in the comments.